Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Adrianni, New York, and Italy..Perfecta-Trifecta

So...the weather has been great and my deck chair was calling. I read 3 books this last week... I KNOW! CRAZY! Oh yeah, and BSC is over. 

Let me tell you about the first two:
Adrianna Trigianni is one of my all time favorite authors.  I just finished "Very Valentine" and "Brava Valentine."  I LOVE when a I come late to a series so they are all there, no waiting for the author to finish the sequel.
Valentine Roncalli works in the family shoe business Angelinni Shoes, in Grennwich.  The character is so rich and believable (written in first person)  that you feel like it is autobiographical.  You learn the details of making fine shoes, you get to live in a brown stone in Greenwich, and travel to Tuscany, Naples and the island of Capri.  There is family to fight with and love, and a restraunt owner to socialize with....what more could you want!  (AND... we meet an old friend in this book, very nostalgic!)

3 comments:

Carrin Mahmood said...

I just found out it's a trilogy...yikes, now I'm waiting for book 3!

Anonymous said...

Dear Carrin -
Wow! What a great blog you have - thank you so much for this post! Might we have your mailing address? Adriana would love to send you an autographed bookplates!

best,
Kelly


Kelly Meehan
Assistant to Adriana Trigiani

Carrin Mahmood said...

We enjoyed Adrianna, on the pontoon last Thursday. An absolute perfect night, beautiful waether, floating on White Bear Lake, no one got towed, great friends, Amazing food, and stellar conversations. Most of you found Billy Romp's reference in the book (The "old friend" I told you to watch for!) Deb H. did some research on him that we forwarded in an e-mail. Wow! How that business has grown!