Sunday, September 5, 2010

As a Yorkist myself...I concur!


As many of you know, "The Sunne in Splendour" is on my top 10 list of all time favorite books.  As much as I love the Bard (and I do truly love Shakespeare) he, out of necessity, wrote with a Lancasterian bent and maligned  our poor King Richard III.  I have long held this belief and the Sunne in Splendour is a glorious work which happens to bolster my humble opinion so what's not to love about that!  Now my fellowChapter Chatters, and  fans everywhere, she has done it again! Philippa Gregory has written two novels which she dubs "The cousin's war" which the rest of know as..."The War of the Roses"  Here you will discover the mighty Duke of York who did more than march his men up and down and half way up hills!  You will meet the Plantagenets, and learn the difference between red and white roses!  Ooooh I can't wait to dive in!

No comments: