One of the reasons I choose this book was because of the complete "otherness" of the setting. A world of organized crime, prostitution, sultry swamp land, fast women and slow accents. (It's also a dream book for hosting book club!) A few posts a go I asked some questions I wanted my book club to reflect on. So here are a few more..
- .Is there anything glamorous about this lifestyle?
- Is this a legitimate business, or just sin wrapped in a business suit?
- If a bordello would open up locally, would you protest? (how far away is far enough?)
- Could you befriend one of the ladies of the house?
- Are there professions which society does NOT frown upon which are equally distasteful, or "worse" and in what way?