Have you ever had to lead book club and you just don't know what to ask? Here are 10 great questions that will get the conversation started, and keep it going.
1. If you were forced to add 100 more pages to this book where would you take the story?
2. Could this plot work in another setting? (either time or place) Why or why not? Pick a different setting to prove your point.
3. Who would you cast as the leads if this book was turned into a movie? If it is already a movie, do you agree with the casting?
4. Did you know what the book was about when you saw the title? Would you have given it a different title? Do titles matter?
5. Who was your favorite character? Why?
6. Who was your least favorite character? Why?
7. If you could jump into the story would you like to be an observer, a minor character, or a main character?
8. What did you learn from this book that you didn't know before?
9. Do you agree with the reviews on the front or back jacket of the book or any others you have read? If there aren't any, what review would you give?
10. With time could this book be considered a classic? Why, what does it have or lack that makes you say that? If it is already considered a classic, do you agree with that classification? What attributes might make it so?